Eastasiasoft is publishing a new PS Vita-exclusive game in early 2018 called Reverie. Developed by Rainbite Limited, Reverie is heavily inspired by both Earthbound and The Legend of Zelda. It shows, since the game looks exactly like Mother 3, but it plays like Zelda. It’s going to launch digitally on the PlayStation Store, but it will also see a special physical release via Play-Asia. The game will be available in English, Chinese and Japanese languages. The physical release will have a lot of cool stuff, which are the following:
- The game (duh)
- A game manual
- A soundtrack CD
- A uniquely-numbered certificate
- A map
- a collector’s box
Honestly, this kind of game seems right up my alley. I didn’t know anything about it until today, but I’m pretty interested in seeing it now; and knowing that it’s a PS Vita exclusive makes all the more intriguing. You can find an overview of the game below and enjoy some screenshots from the press kit after that:
Reverie is an action adventure game set on a fictional island in New Zealand, inspired by the legend of Maui and the Giant Fish where the demigod himself fishes up the North Island with a powerful fishhook.
You play as Tai, a young boy on summer holiday, who must explore Toromi Island. With angry spirits threatening the safety of the island’s inhabitants, Tai must venture through dangerous dungeons and across a variety of environments to put the spirits to rest.
- Six dungeons to fight and puzzle through.
- Many weapons and items to cater to different gameplay styles or be used in unique situations.
- Story inspired by a Maori legend.
- Explore a fictional island off the coast of New Zealand.
- A wide variety of distinct environments to explore in the overworld.
- Collect hidden feathers from New Zealand’s many beautiful native birds.